Start Feeling Fabulous Now!
It’s a New Year! It’s time to feel fabulous every day!
I wrote an Ezine “The 10 Easy Steps to Feeling Fabulous” that was such a huge hit that I created a special Feeling Fabulous Program. If you’re curious, check it out on my website. https://carolchanel.com
In order to help you kick off the New Year feeling fabulous, I want to review the 10 steps and give you a little more detail about each one.
But first, I want to share a little story of a woman who was so close to feeling fabulous, but just couldn’t own it. New Year’s Eve we went to a wonderful restaurant. While we were waiting to be seated I noticed the couple behind us. The woman had on a gorgeous dress. Never one to withhold a compliment to my sister Goddesses, I turned and said, “That’s a gorgeous dress. You look fabulous!”
She looked at me and said, “He made me wear it” and pointed to her date. I was stunned for a moment. As you can imagine the coach in me wanted to start coaching her immediately. Of course I didn’t. I smiled and said something to try to help her feel a little more comfortable about wearing such a beautiful dress.
If you are going to go to all the trouble to dress up and put on an amazing dress and someone compliments you – ACCEPT IT. It’s one important way you let yourself feel fabulous.
As my brother-in-law said, “When a woman doesn’t accept a man’s compliments, he stops giving them.” We don’t want that. So smile, be gracious and say thank you. They will love you for it. And you’ll keep getting compliments.
Let’s review the 10 daily and necessary steps to feeling fabulous:
1. Gratitude– spend 5 minutes every morning before you get out of bed focusing on what you have to be grateful for – it can be your pillow, or your bed, your pet, a new dress you bought, your friends, anything. What you’re doing is starting your day in the energy of gratitude, which draws more things to you to be grateful for during the day. Gratitude is a high pure vibration that feels peaceful and/or joyful. What a great feeling for starting your day!
2. Read an inspirational book – start your day with reading 3 to 5 pages and you will be thrilled with the results. Make yourself a cup of coffee or tea, sit down and read before you get busy with your day. It will add onto the gratitude energy and start your day with an even more positive outlook, which will create more positive experiences in your day.
Some of my favorite spiritual authors are: Wayne Dyer, Esther Hicks, Don Miguel Ruiz, Louise Hays, Teresa of Avila, Yogananda, Colin Tipping, Deepak Chopra, Thomas Moore, Gandhi, A.H. Almaas, Gary Zukav, Byron Katie, just to name a few. There are many, many truly inspirational authors that you can read to start your day on a positive note.
3. Exercise– daily, from 15 to 45 minutes. Walk, run, swim, do yoga, Pilates, weight training and/or stretching. Anything will do. Just do something every day. Your body needs to move every day and you will feel better about yourself for taking care of it, and it will respond to your efforts by feeling and looking good.
4. Eat healthy – every meal. Food is fuel for your body and it impacts how you feel physically and emotionally. There’s a great book, “Eat Right For Your Type” by Dr. Peter D’Adamo. It teaches you what foods are best for you based on your blood type. It really works.
Remember to eat breakfast – it’s the most important meal of the day. You will rarely see someone overweight who eats a healthy breakfast. They also don’t crash at 11AM and then have sugar snacks or an unhealthy lunch. Eat a good balance of proteins, carbohydrates and fats. Don’t be afraid of good fats, you need them. Think small meal portions. I mean small, woman-sized. Eat often, small and balanced meals and snacks and you will feel great.
5. Quiet Time – this is so crucial. You need to give your body, mind and spirit a chance to relax and refresh every day. Ever notice how great you feel when you’re on vacation. Part of the reason is you’re usually not as stressed and you take time to relax. So build it into your daily routine. Fifteen minutes a day will make a huge difference, 30 minutes a day will transform your life.
You also need to get enough sleep. This is also crucial. You know when you do, you start your day feeling great. Make a commitment to yourself to get enough sleep on a regular basis. And watch how your body and spirit positively respond.
6. Clothes – only wear clothes you feel fabulous in. Think about being on vacation again. Usually you take your favorite clothes because you want to feel good and look good. We all have our favorite outfits. If you don’t know what looks fabulous on you, hire an image consultant to do your colors and wardrobe analysis.
I was lucky enough to have a brilliant woman work with me when I was just 30. She changed everything I was wearing, redid my make-up, hair color and colors. And I loved the results. I’ve never wasted money again buying the wrong colors or styles. They help you with every single detail – like what’s the best size purse for your body, what necklines work for you, what textures work best with you, what metals compliment your skin the best. For your jeans – what pant leg, how long; belt size, dress hem length. A good consultant will help you look fabulous! And you will feel fabulous when you look fabulous.
7. Focus Wheel Technique – this is designed to help you shift your perspective – on a challenge you’re having – from a negative to a positive perspective. Once you see the positive you can then know how to best handle the challenge. (I’ll put the specifics on how to do this in the Resource section.)
We all have to do something on a daily basis to shift our perspectives on things. Most of our minds have been trained to embrace the negative, the drama, the messier the better. But to feel fabulous you need to feel positive and not get sucked into the drama and trauma and feeling like the victim. Since often that’s what’s familiar, you need something that you can do to shift to a positive perspective.
Check out Wayne Dyer’s book “The Power of Intention” at the end of each chapter, for other ideas to help you shift your perspective on various subjects.
8. Give love to others – to feel fabulous there is no better way to lift your spirit and your self-esteem than to give love to someone on a daily basis. You can do it through visualization, prayer, energy work, hugging them, talking to them. There are so many ways. When you give love to others, you put yourself in the energy vibration of love which is a pure and powerful energy. That’s where you want to live every day. It takes some practice, but you can do it and reap the rewards.
9. Give love to yourself – think of a baby, a puppy or kitten. They are so easy to love. They are pure spirit, joy and love. Well, so are you.
Maybe you’ve forgotten that you are mostly pure positive energy. You are a “spiritual being having a human experience” says Wayne Dyer and many other spiritual teachers.
You want to take the time every day to give yourself the love you need. We all need it. Love nourishes you, energizes you, softens you and fills you with joy.
So why wouldn’t you give yourself love? We know the mind can offer a 100 reasons why not. Don’t let your mind keep you from loving yourself. It will try, but don’t let it.
You are pure positive energy. You are a child of Divine Source/God. That makes you lovable, period. You are worthy and lovable. You don’t have to do or say anything to earn your worth. It’s your birthright. Spend a moment or two every day giving love to yourself and watch how you go from just feeling okay to fabulous.
10. Gratitude at the end of the day – spend a few minutes before you fall asleep and focus on what you have to be grateful for that occurred during the day. Think of three things, at least. Focus on them. Thank yourself, Source, your angels, whomever you feel contributed to helping bring these things into your life. What you’re doing is going to sleep in an energy of gratitude. It’s a pure positive energy that is relaxing and nurturing. End your day with gratitude and sleep better. You will then wake up refreshed and feeling fabulous for a glorious new day.
You will notice that some of these steps are physical and some are spiritual. Since you are a spiritual being having a human experience you need to tend to both – on a daily basis.
None of these are hard they just take some discipline until they become a habit. What a great way to start your New Year – feeling fabulous by developing healthy habits. Just getting started will help you feel fabulous because you’ll feel good about yourself. Your self-esteem will soar.
You can do it! If you want help, contact me email@example.com. I’m always happy to give you some ideas to guide you in moving forward. I want women to feel fabulous. I want women to bring that amazing energy into this world. You know how fun it is to have friends who feel fabulous. Imagine a world of women feeling that way. Sister Goddesses own your glory!
Choose to do the steps to feel fabulous! Think of all the people you will impact when you feel fabulous. Think of how you will flourish. Think of living the rest of your life from a place of being thrilled to be you.
Imagine the possibilities. . . .
© Carol Chanel
Q & A
One of my clients called the other day and asked me for some steps to keep her from getting stuck in Yuma. Since she’s been working with me for a while she had the framework that I outlined in the main article. I wanted you all to have the framework so you could put the steps to work in your life.
Happy Dreaming, Happy Achieving
If you want more information about the subject matter in the main article there are two brilliant books and a CD that are insightful and inspiring.
“The Power of Intention” by Dr. Wayne Dyer
“Ask and It’s Given” by Abraham-Hicks
Abraham-Hicks Kansas City 9/14/05 CD – single CD, about $15.
Available on their website:
Or you can call them to order it at 1-830-755-2299
These books and CD’s are uplifting, inspiring and powerful and provide the tools you’ll need to have a life of happiness, love, fulfillment and joy.
Keep believing, allowing and receiving!
I teach people to overcome the obstacles that keep them stuck yet longing for romantic relationships, more self-confidence and inspiration to accomplish their dreams.
We sometimes forget what it feels like to live from our hearts and souls. We forget the thrill of taking the brakes off and flying. Life is dull if we just live from our minds.
Are you - or someone you know - settling, for less than exciting, either in relationships or a career?
You can visit my website at:
You'll find other articles there and more in-depth information about both my services and me.
Certified Life Coach
TO SUBSCRIBE to this e-zine:
FEEDBACK: Your feedback is always welcome and appreciated! Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org.