10 Easy Steps to Feeling Fabulous!
The most important thing you can ever do for yourself and for your love life is to feel fabulous.
Over the years of helping women learn to feel fabulous, I realized there are 10 steps you have to take in order to truly feel it. Before I tell you the 10 steps, I want to first share with you what being fabulous really means and what gets in the way of it. This way the steps will make sense.
You are Fabulous! Yes, you really are. I’m not talking about the ego’s idea – the false sense of being fabulous. I’m talking about the whole of you: your essence, your heart, your spirit and your body. You are a spiritual being having a human experience. That means you come from Source – loving, pure positive energy. That means you are Source energy – loving, pure positive energy – in physical form.
What is being fabulous? It’s an inner knowing of your worth, value, beauty, goodness, sensuality, passion, kindness, compassionate, love and joy. It’s trusting yourself and Source. It’s surrendering. It’s honoring all the qualities and values you brought into this lifetime.
When you embrace your fabulousness – your life is filled, on a daily basis, with love and joy.
When you realize you are fabulous, you become an irresistible magnet. Men love a woman who truly lives in her fabulousness.
When you know it and exude it, men want to be around you – a lot. They don’t care what size you are, how old you are or what you wear.
What Gets In The Way Of Feeling Fabulous
The ego or self-critical voice gets in the way.
The key to realizing you’re fabulous is to quiet the ego that criticizes you. When you listen to ANY self-criticism, you can’t feel fabulous. So if you criticize your legs, or your level of education, or your upbringing, or the school you didn’t go to, or your energy level – you are cutting yourself off from your fabulousness.
Why would you do that? Is it habit? Because so many women do it, that it feels familiar? Because you think the criticisms are true?
Well, they are all lies. Any criticism about yourself is a lie.
There may be things you want to change about yourself. If you can do that now, great. Change them. Lose or gain weight, get more education, learn to sing or dance, tone your muscles, whatever you want to do, just go do it.
Stop complaining and get moving. The cost of complaining is exorbitant. The cost is love. I know, I did it for years. And then when I stopped I had to learn to stop criticizing myself for having criticized myself in the past. Oh the ego is ruthless and tricky! Thank goodness my heart and soul won out over my ego.
And whatever you do, don’t expect a man to help you get over your criticisms. They can’t, they don’t know how and it’s not their job. It’s yours.
Remember, stop criticizing yourself. It’s keeping you from love.
In your heart and soul is all the love and joy you came in with as a baby and somewhere along the line got disconnected from. It’s not hard work to get back in touch with it, but you have to be willing to do some things.
The 3 areas of your life – physical, mental and spiritual – have to all be worked on to feel fabulous. I’ve written out the 10 necessary steps below.
10 Daily Steps to Feel Great About Yourself and Life
For lasting results you’ll want to do all of these steps. I help women every day feel fabulous. So don’t play small or complain or listen to your excuses. Just do these 10 steps. They’re simple and easy. Honestly you’ll be thrilled with the results.
1. Before you get out of bed start each day with 5 minutes of gratitude. Find 3 things that put a smile on your face. It might be your warm bed, your pet, a good friend, a new pair of shoes you bought, anything.
2. Read three to five pages of an inspirational book. I love Wayne Dyer, Esther and Jerry Hicks Abraham books, Don Miguel Ruiz, Eckhart Tolle, Deepak Chopra, James Redfield, Byron Katie. I could go on and on. I would start with “The Power of Intention” by Wayne Dyer, then read “The Vortex” by Esther Hicks.
3. During the day, get some exercise. Every day. Something, even if it’s just stretching in front of the TV. Move your body. Put on some music and dance for 10 minutes. Move your body. You’ll feel physically good. Build up to 30 minutes or more a day.
4. Eat healthy foods and, most importantly, slowly eat SMALL portions. People always wonder why I’m slim. I eat what I want, including a cookie every day, but I don’t eat a lot at any one time. Remember food is fuel and you need it during the day. Breakfast is crucial – it’s your fuel for the first part of the day. Then you won’t overeat at lunch or snack on high sugar foods.
5. Also during the day, take some quiet time. The ideal would be to meditate – which is just time to get free of the resistance the mind creates. Put on a relaxing CD and give yourself permission to relax – 10 to 15 minutes will make a difference.
6. Wear clothes that you feel fabulous in. Don’t put on anything that you don’t feel fabulous in – give those clothes away. You ever notice when you go on vacation you tend to take your favorite clothes. You rarely take something you don’t like. So don’t wear those clothes at home.
7. Daily, do the focus wheel process that Abraham teaches in his books to shift any negative thoughts. It’s a highly effective technique to help you shift from a thought that doesn’t make you feel good, to one that does make you feel good. It’s brilliant and simple. I’ll share it in the Resource section.
8. Then, make sure every day you give love to someone. Could be a cat or dog, your friend, neighbor, spouse, boyfriend, anyone. This will put you in the consciousness of love. It’s crucial for your heart and soul.
9. And every day, give love to yourself. Just imagine filling your heart and every cell of your body with loving energy for yourself.
10. At the end of the day, before you go to sleep, end your day, as you started it, by being grateful. Spend a few minutes before you drift off to sleep verbalizing what you are grateful for today.
I guarantee you if you do EVERY one of these things for 30 days, you will significantly shift the way you feel about yourself. You will start to feel fabulous. Keep it up for 3 months and you won’t even recognize yourself. You will feel like a Goddess.
Imagine starting 2010 feeling fabulous. If you start tomorrow doing all the things I recommend, you will feel great about yourself when January 1, 2010 rolls around.
Choose to be willing to feel fabulous and become irresistible. Choose to do the steps to feel fabulous for the sake of the absolute joy of feeling like a Goddess for the rest of your life.
Imagine the possibilities. . . .
© Carol Chanel
Q & A
One of my clients called the other day and asked me for some steps to keep her from getting stuck in Yuma. Since she’s been working with me for a while she had the framework that I outlined in the main article. I wanted you all to have the framework so you could put the steps to work in your life.
Happy Dreaming, Happy Achieving
If you want more information about the subject matter in the main article there are two brilliant books and a CD that are insightful and inspiring.
“The Power of Intention” by Dr. Wayne Dyer
“Ask and It’s Given” by Abraham-Hicks
Abraham-Hicks Kansas City 9/14/05 CD – single CD, about $15.
Available on their website:
Or you can call them to order it at 1-830-755-2299
These books and CD’s are uplifting, inspiring and powerful and provide the tools you’ll need to have a life of happiness, love, fulfillment and joy.
Keep believing, allowing and receiving!
I teach people to overcome the obstacles that keep them stuck yet longing for romantic relationships, more self-confidence and inspiration to accomplish their dreams.
We sometimes forget what it feels like to live from our hearts and souls. We forget the thrill of taking the brakes off and flying. Life is dull if we just live from our minds.
Are you - or someone you know - settling, for less than exciting, either in relationships or a career?
Call me. You don't have to be stuck! And once you are unstuck you can be joyful and free again!
If you would like to explore working with me, please call me at 310-998-8860.
You can visit my website at:
You'll find other articles there and more in-depth information about both my services and me.
Certified Life Coach
TO SUBSCRIBE to this e-zine:
FEEDBACK: Your feedback is always welcome and appreciated! Write me at email@example.com.